Friday, December 9, 2011

2012 Where Are You Reading Challenge

I'm pretty shy about joining reading challenges. I mean, seriously, starting this blog this year has been a big enough challenge for me, so I don't want to get in over my head. I try to commit to reading books a few at a time. If my commitment list gets too long, I panic and end up backing out. That's kinda how I am with lots of to-do lists and projects — house cleaning projects, crafts to make, etc. Lists help keep my brain organized, but only 5 entries at a time, please.
Well, now that I've said all that....

The real purpose of this post is to introduce the 2012 Where Are You Reading Challenge, hosted by Book Journey. This is a very fun challenge that doesn't require you to read a certain number of books, or read a specific genre or by particular authors or anything. All it requires is that you map the books you do choose to read, so at the end of the year, you can see all the places your reading has taken you. Cool idea, huh?
Some people are committing to read a book from/about each of the 50 states. I just want to see where in the world I go next year. You have to set up a map under Google Maps to link all your books to. It's fairly simple to do - just go to maps.google.com, click on My Places, then click the red Create Map button. My map will be up shortly on my sidebar. You can find more info on this challenge here .

Happy Reading!
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment